NEW and IMPROVED General Guidelines for our Working Student Program. Please read
1. Working student must be at least 8 years of age.
2. Working student must be enrolled in lessons and have attended the working student training program.
3. Working student must be responsible, trustworthy, and physically capable to perform barn chores. If a student
has difficulty following instructions and being safe, we have the right to postpone the program for this student.
4. Working student must have a current working student application on file.
5. Only barn managers are permitted to complete working student forms and allowed to distribute coupons (5
hours of WORK = 1 one group lesson).
6. Coupons earned can only be redeemed for a group lesson (no practice rides).
7. Working students may work in 30 minute increments (no quarter hours permitted please).
8. Working students are not permitted to work during camp hours.
9. Once coupons are issued, it is the responsibility of the working student not to lose them (new coupons will not
10. Please call 24 hours in advance when scheduling free lessons.
11. Practice rides will cost $35 for an hour.
12. Instructors must approve horses for students to ride in free lessons.
13. Students are NOT allowed to be dropped off at the barn on school holidays or camp, unless enrolled in camp.
Working Student Program - This is a fantastic program managed by our Ms. Katy and is available
for all our students (Adults and Children ages 8 and up). She will train you and explain your
responsibilities and give you the opportunity to work with the knowledgeable Barn Managers.
The Details...For every five hours of barn work or grooming time (adults only for grooming) you will
receive a coupon good for one extra lesson. This program earns you extra riding time on top of your
already paid lessons, not as payment for your regular class. Your instructor will help you find that
Working Student Program Application: Age 8 - 17
Working Student Program application: Age 18
|Woodland Horse Center
16301 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20905
301-421-9156 fax: 301-421-9049